Winner for the Veggie Tales Penniless Princess dvd is Athena! I will be in contact with you girl!
Soo, apparently we’re not fake-selling our house, they want to buy it! We’re fine with either way, kinda thought we’d keep it as a rental but this is super great too. Their home inspection is tomorrow. I need to wrap my head around the fact that we are MOVING in a MONTH! And school will be just getting underway around then also. BUSY. (Mom? Are you coming?)
It’s a little bittersweet. We’ve had FIVE babies in this house, lots of memories! And we’ve done soo much work on it over the years and I LOVE the tile in the bathroom. But it’s time to go. We need more space desperately and it will be nice to be closer to our church and Andy’s office (even if we’re moving away from the kids’ school; guess we can’t have everything).
And I’m also happy for the buyers – they are expecting their first and it’s kinda like seeing ourselves 9 years ago. This is such a great house for a new family.
We’re just not a new family anymore. ;)Filed under Home, The Land Called Blog | Comments (3)
My kids haven’t had a whole lot of experience with Veggie Tales other than various church nurseries and rainy days at preschool. Big Idea Studios sent us a copy of the new dvd The Penniless Princess, (based on The Little Princess, by Frances Hodgson Burnett) to review and an extra copy to give to a reader!
We’ve always loved that story and the kids love anything animated, so it was a win-win situation. They’ve already watched it enough times to know the theme song by heart, so clearly they enjoyed it. It’s a cute little video. The devotion book that was sent along with the dvd is wonderful; the girls have already asked me to read it to them several times.
The Penniless Princess is set to be released on August 14. Win a copy of the dvd simply by leaving a comment on this post, tell me something special about your daughter or grandaughter or other little girl in your life. I will leave the comments open for a couple of days and use a random number generator to choose the winner. US and Canada only, please.Filed under The Land Called Blog, To Share | Comments (25)
Hello, people. I’ve been busy doing I’m not sure what. A coupla questions. 1. Do you read personal blogs through a reader or subscription service and if so, which one? I’m really frustrated with GReader and so I just don’t keep up with many blogs anymore because of the hassle. It does not fit well on a laptop screen.
2. Does anyone still read THIS blog and would you be very sad if I quit? Mom and mother-in-law don’t have to answer, I already know what they’d say. ;)
3. Part of the recent trouble is my hard drive is OVERLOADED with all my huuuuuge photo files and is running very, very slow. I’m afraid to upload any more until I figure out what to do with the old ones. I need a good recommendation for an external source or drive to save my photos on, so I can get them off my laptop. ??? Photos are my bread n butter for blogging so, I’m prolly not gonna be posting much until I figure out the photo conundrum.
4. That is all.Filed under The Land Called Blog | Comments (30)
Okay… that was pathetic. (But thanks, G!) Here’s the thing… LinkyTools used to be free, but it’s not now. And while it’s super cheap, I’m not going to pay for the service for FMF if no one is going to participate because that just feels silly. So I need to know if you are interested/plan on participating at any point during the summer. Otherwise it’s just not worth it to me to keep the carnival going. Let me know!Filed under Fun Mom Friday, The Land Called Blog | Comments (7)
Last year we had a big party for Madeline’s 5th birthday. This year the kids had music camp in the morning, she chose Chick-fil-A for lunch, and then to go to the “bouncy place.” Good choice!
Daddy came, ate,
and then chased them around:
Watching our little friend and “helping” her with her paci:
We grilled country-style ribs for dinner and then Andy took the big 3 kids to a friends’ for cupcakes. Apparently they had a rock-star concert that was HILARIOUS. Too bad I didn’t get any photos of that one. But I was zonked and Arianna needed to go to bed.
We did a whirlwind gift-opening session since it was past 10:30 when they got back and the kids had to be up early for camp.
It was a great, FUN-filled birthday! Thanks to the grandmas for sponsoring all the fun!
Please, as a courtesy, and as you are able, remember to leave comments at all the FMF posts you visit.
No blog? Tell us your Fun Mom Friday story in the comments!Filed under Fun Mom Friday, The Land Called Blog | Comment (1)
Four completely random photos from this week, of numbers 2 and 4:
Both happened to be in MJC – my favorite clothes ever – one we’ve had forever (top) and one I traded for (dress).
For more mini fashion, visit Small Style at Mama Loves Papa!
ALSO! Come back and link up tomorrow with your Fun Mom Friday post!
Don’t forget!!Filed under Fashion Fetish, Fun Mom Friday, The Land Called Blog | Comments (3)
Sometimes I wonder if I’ve come to the end of my blogging days.
It used to be so interactive and fun; filling a social need and a fun way to keep up with others in between changing diapers and washing dishes. Commenting was generally higher all around the blogosphere, or at least it was in my experience. Now it usually feels as if I’m staring at a white, sterile, cinderblock wall, trying to think of something to say. (Which is rather boring, no?)
Right. I’m bored with my own blog. And so, so tired.
I know I can’t just quit, cold turkey. I’m sure the grandmothers would stage a resistance and besides, my hosting fees are already paid for two months.
And where else would I share this pudgy face?
(“Singing” in her sweet baby voice.)
I really don’t have a plan. In a lot of ways I feel like the goal is just to survive until this baby is out. Most likely I’ll just continue posting heavy on the photo side but… I guess I needed to tell you I’m taking the pressure off.Filed under Baby Ari, The Land Called Blog, To Share | Comments (22)
Random Integer Generator
Here are your random numbers:
Timestamp: 2011-02-07 18:54:02 UTC
Which would be 38. Cindy and 14. Camille – congrats, ladies! I’ll be in touch with you via email.Filed under The Land Called Blog, The Rest of the Story | Comments (4)
I’ve been having fun making these wool felt flower pins, cutting the petals out while I sit with Drew and his homework. The original tutorial is here but I changed it a little. (My new favorite blog, by the way.)
And since I’ve gone a leeetle bit overboard, I thought it would be fun to give a few of them away. (Since I don’t personally need six cream flower pins.)
To be entered, simply leave a comment on this post. (Just tell me something interesting, because “pick me” entries are just plain boring. Or tell me what you’re doing this weekend.) I’ll leave it open for a couple of days and choose two random winners Monday. They’ll receive two flower pins in the colors of their choice (but it has to be something I already have – cream, mustard, cranberry, and hot pink).
Happy Friday!Filed under The Land Called Blog, To Share | Comments (46)
SO!!! We’re actually at my in-laws for Christmas and I don’t have internet access on my laptop. Huge pain, yeah, I know. I can’t upload photos unless I go to Starbucks, which I WILL BE DOING in the very near future. Sorry to just drop off the face of the earth. But we’re all fine, good, happy.
Merry Christmas!!!Filed under The Land Called Blog | Comments (2)
I woke up yesterday morning to the kids quietly playing with the dollhouse. I took this photo half asleep. (I thought there’d be kids in it but they had gone to check something outside.)
It made smile because of the car crashed over in the master bedroom. What’s that all about? And, notice the dining buffet up in the nursery.
Ooh, I also have another favorite playtime photo from this week, of Adelaide getting into my jewelry. It’s wasn’t the best lit time of day and turned out a bit grainy but, you get the picture.
(She was chanting her “I’m the princess” song she made up.)
And lastly, Madeline babydollwearing, also from yesterday:
Such a good mommy.Photo Op, The Land Called Blog | Comments (3)
1. I have several unrelated loose-endish things I’ve been wanting to jot down here, so Meredith’s 10 on the 10th is the perfect place for a random list!
2. We just came out of a very stressful week. I’m glad to be on this side. God is always faithful and always good.
3. I FINALLY took Arianna to get her first portraits done. (We always use Penney’s because it’s $5 for a whole package.) I was so good about doing the 6 wk, 3-6-9 mo, one year, 18mo, etc. pictures with the other kids but here she is, closing in on 9 months and I still hadn’t taken her. They turned out stinking cute. If you want a peek, I can email you the files but I’m not sure about the copyrights for posting them here. Just let me know.
4. Remember I did that spring kids’ consignment sale? There’s an adult sale here next week and I’ve been procrastinating getting my old unused stuff and clothes ready to sell. It’s stressful adding such a huge project on top of four kids and a house. BUT, I want to use it for my personal clothing fund for the rest of the summer/fall, so I’m making myself get it done. And my, how my tastes have changed. (The sale is also taking household goods. Goodbye, attic miscellany.)
5. A couple months ago Andy and I went to a Crown Financial seminar and have been moving towards a cash system (as well as cutting various things out and downgrading others). It’s a lot of work but I know it will be worth it in the end. I will say that it’s amazing how much less we can live on with some effort and creativity.
6. Madeline has been begging me to wear her Easter dress again to church. It is in dire need of ironing, so I kept putting her off and then it was the 4th of July. So along with those items I need to iron for the sale, her dress must be done today. Need to get on that!
7. I took this photo of Arianna this afternoon and it made me laugh.
It also reminded me to mention that, yes, I AM still cloth diapering. (Probably about 85% of the time.) I’ve got a load washing right this very second. (She’s wearing a GroBaby in that photo.)
8. Thanks to all you sweet bloggers who linked up to the first Fun Mom Friday. (And by the way, the linky will be open all weekend in case there are people still wanting to participate.) I hope you got a chance to click around; there were some good ideas out there!
9. Amanda wrote a good post on blog etiquette as it relates to commenting, so I wont rehash the topic (even though Mer and I were just discussing maybe doing a joint mini-series for the new-to-blogging-peeps). I KNOW that I could be better about it, but it’s also true that we only have so many hours in a day. For myself, I’ve considered turning them off altogether just because I’d waste a lot less time checking for email.
10. Since we’re not paying for anyone to be in Mothers Day Out or school during the summer, I hired a college-aged friend from church to come over a couple hours a week. I meant to work in the attic yesterday (for that blasted sale) while she entertained the kids, but instead Andy and I went to the bank, filled up his car, and grocery shopped. (I can’t decide how pathetic it is that we used our date to run errands.) But the funny part was, when we got home and parked, he opened the back of his car and the watermelon flew out, rolled down the driveway and across the street, landing in the ditch on the other side. (I was glad it had come from Aldi and wasn’t very expensive.)
So there you have it. Hope your Saturday is free of chasing stray watermelons!Filed under Daily Life, The Land Called Blog | Comments (9)
First, I finally got around to rewriting my About Me page (up there in the nav bar). I’ll be honest, it’s probably still just a draft. I’m open to comments and suggestions.
Also, I’m excited to be working with a few new affiliates, listed under my BlogHer ads right there on the left. If you should choose, I’d make a small commission if you ordered anything through me from DaySpring (a Christian division of Hallmark), Tiny*Prints (a GREAT place to get your custom birth announcements, party invitations, holiday cards, etc.), and free baby samples at BabiesOnline. (That last one is simply to order free baby samples — they do not sell anything.)
(You know, so I can save up some pennies for the next vehicle repair.)
I’m going to be updating some of my other pages soon, too, when I have the time… I know my blogroll page at least is…ancient. Does anyone use those anymore?Filed under The Land Called Blog | Comments (3)
So, as you can see, I did get a new design. (Feedreaders and email subscribers will have to click through to see.) A few of you snuck a peek before it was finished and actually, it’s still only at about 95%. But, even so, I’m very happy with it! (Thanks, Jo-Lynne!)
I left my camera here at the house yesterday and just enjoyed being in the moment with my kids and frying myself laying in the sun. Drew was a crazy maniac on the boogie board; Andy was a little shocked at how enthusiastically he got into it. Fun to watch. The storms were blowing in so the waves were higher but the sandbar was really shallow.
In the afternoon Andy took Madeline to this little beach memory shop and let her pick out one thing. She’s been begging ALL WEEK to go buy a shell there. She ended up picking a stuffed dolphin instead. (I shouldn’t have been surprised.)
We didn’t get dinner in the oven on time so we ended up getting a couple of pizzas. Some friends were supposed to come spend the weekend with us and decided it was too much; so we ended up with more of a down night.
I’m off to enjoy our last full day of vacation! (And my coffee!)Filed under Out of Town, The Land Called Blog | Comments (7)
I’ve been flying around this week feeling like a headless chicken, if I’m honest. I pulled all the outgrown clothes and baby items down from the attic this afternoon and have an absolute mess in my living room. Hopefully pricing and tagging won’t take too long and I can get this stuff to the consignment drop-off SOON.
I just wanted to say (and remind myself) that I KNOW I still haven’t made all the return visits from the delurker day, and I WILL get to it eventually. In-laws are coming next week for the final stage of the kitchen renovation (countertops came in this week!) and with this kids’ sale and some other things going on, it’s just a little bit crazy right now. Bear with me!Filed under A Work In Progress, The Land Called Blog | Comments (2)